Sunday, August 25, 2013

"Nothing Is On Hold,"


"Nothing is on Hold"

EZ. 12:26-28 MSG 

"God's message came to me: Son of man, do you hear what Israel is saying: that the alarm the prophet raises is for a long time off, that he's preaching about the far-off future? Well tell them, 'God, the Master, says, "NOTHING of what I say is on hold.  What I say Happens." Decree of God the Master.

I love the sheer Sovereignty of God.  "What I say goes." Full Stop.  There is this sense around the planet, much like the one Ezekiel was sent to confront, that we have "TIME".  Time to do what we want and THEN obey later.  It is like a lullaby that causes the need for alert urgency to go to sleep.  I truly believe that God is speaking about TODAY.  

I don't think the world is used to the idea of Sovereignty. Total rule...complete authority.  On Sunday, a few months back, I met with a girl in the city, who I met and prayed for on night a few months ago in an evening service. The message that had been preached was on relationships and baggage of past sexual sin.  There was a huge altar call and I made my way forward to pray with people.  I started to pray for this girl, not knowing who she was at all and she was slumped forward while standing there just sobbing.  

I knew there was a lot going on with her and told her I would be happy to meet with her.  After a few months she finally asked for that meeting.  So Sunday we went to a coffee shop in the city and when I met her I was amazed at how articulate she was. Smart and educated and full of gathered wisdom from "researching" God. The prevailing New York mentality is one of intellect.  People are very PROUD, proud of what they know and it can be very difficult to talk to about spiritual things. Especially when they involve Jesus.

Sitting at a bar with cappuccinos we started talking.  She said she has been coming to church for a year and has been serving and honestly seemed saved.  Then she started saying she was still struggling with "it all," which made me begin to think that maybe a decision had yet to be made.  

In the course of talking I found out that she was wrestling with one major thing, Jesus being God.  This had been the second girl I had met in a  week's time that has had this fight. ( It really is a picture of what the world believes.) The good news here is that by the end of our conversation,in the middle of this busy city and restaurant,  I was able to pray with her. Even through physical resistance, this beautiful soul was able to confess that Jesus is God and come into genuine salvation.

It is the issue of Lordship and rule that is nearly impossible for the world to accept. Lordship brings pictures to people's minds of slavery, restriction, captivity...being "told".  The truth is that the Lordship of Jesus brings freedom, protection, peace, direction and salvation. 

(Webster's Lordship definition:  the power or right to give orders or make decisions... Synonyms: authority, potency, authorization, say-so, dominance)

I personally feel the urgency of heaven right now.  I can feel the "day" approaching.  I know that Jesus is coming soon.  That's why the blindness and deception of the world is so thick right now.  Ezekiel was sent to speak to a hardened people.  I believe You and I have been sent by God  to speak to a hardened people as well!  Before Ezekiel could go and speak, God made him literally EAT the words that would need to come out of his mouth. I know that right now, wherever we are God wants to FILL our mouths with His Word so that what comes out is HIS message and nothing else! Unfiltered, no human bent, what He says goes.  

There has never been a more important time for the people of God to have something to SAY when there is an opportunity to say it! The only way to bring  Jesus to the World is to truly know Him everyday ourselves.  Only then will our message cause someone else to be hungry too.  The Message is NOT on Hold... It is happening right now!
...

2 comments:

  1. It is nice post and i found some interesting information On Hold Messages. Keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  2. An impressive post, I just gave this to a colleague who is doing a little analysis On Hold Messages. And he is very happy and thanking me for finding it. But all thanks to you for writing in such simple words. Big thumb up for this blog post!

    ReplyDelete